Status: release of an unofficial CyanogenMod 6 port for Milestone
Announcement: CM6 for Milestone development continues thanks to Michael
watch this XDA thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1155454
Please, report bugs and issues here: http://code.google.com/p/cyanogenmod4milestone
Important: Please, use the new OpenRecovery 1.46 for CM6 installation - the system partition was not being erased properly from the update package install script in older versions. (yes, it's finally fixed, Yantz ;) )
The Androidiani OR has been updated to be based on 1.46 (in version 3.3), so it's recommended too.
- proprietary files update
- various wlan connectivity issues fixed (some N routers, wpa2, 801.x enterprise etc.), as in current CM7
- proprietary files update (boot.img=>kernel, modules etc from SHOLS_U2_05.26.0)
- the infamous SMS bugs fixed (the OS version should actually read 2.2.2, sorry, I left 2.2.1 there)
- Greek support added to LatinIME 2.3 (including dictionary)
- ext4 module included (can be used to mount ext2 only - writing to journalled ext3/4 is not working correctly yet)
- new separate BPSW update.zip package (same as in SHOLS_U2_05.26.0/SHLA_U2_05.0C.0)
- proprietary files update (boot.img, modules, libaudiopolicy), no sleep after usb/power unplug seems to be finally fixed
- added ro.config.no-action-on-plug property. When set to 1, the screen will not automatically turn on when plugged to usb/power (useful especially for users of solar power adapters). Disabled by default, can be changed in /system/build.prop.
- TI OMX libs compiled from sources again (thanks, Edgard)
- battery top charge level fixed, updated WLAN driver, ...
- 2.3 keyboard (with all the dictionaries as usual, plus 2.3 framework/ex included), but no prediction for hw keyboard yet
- media_profiles.xml adjustments (safer high camcorder profile h264 bitrate) + small camera fixes (sounds etc.)
- small agps fix (issue 295)
- multitouch.distinct defined (fix Google Maps 5.0 rotation gesture etc.)
- bluetooth discoverabilty timeout configurable (thanks H.Czedik)
- modversion change to easily distinguish current build
- AAC and AMR Wideband audio encoders are finally working!
- additional video quality camcorder profile added - "middle" (customize it in /etc/media_profiles.xml)
- Camera app - fixed encoder change from UI not being used until camera reinitialization, camcorder shortcut added
- adjusted smartass governor defaults
- ignore light sensor when flashlight is on (better solution based on updated flashlight code), SMS time stamp fix, input method chooser dialog fix, smartass governor included etc.
- cpufreq_stats module included (b), Torch app in sync with all widget's flashlight buttons - fixes possible FC (b)
Note: there is a leftover backup file /etc/init.d/10overclock~, please delete it, thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.
3.11.2010: the github repos finally updated, custom building ready: http://android.doshaska.net/cm6build